Hey everyone! Today is Day 3 of my 5 day series where I show you a comprehensive holiday shopping guide based on my experience working in beauty retail!
Today I'm back with a selection of the new women's fragrances that came out this year. I've included everything from Justin Bieber (surprisingly popular with soccer moms for.. themselves?) to Prada. I have included a brief description of each one below the collage! For the fragrances, I won't be including prices because they are so subjective based on where you shop, whether you get an EDT or an EDP, and what size you get.
- Marc Jacobs Dot -- A bright, cheerfully fruity fragrance that combines red berries and dragon fruit with honeysuckle, jasmine, orange blossom, coconut water, driftwood, vanilla, and sensual musk.
- Lancome La Vie Est Belle -- This fragrance inspires you to find pleasure in the small things. The key ingredient is iris, surrounded by orange blossoms and jasmine. Black currant, pear, tonka bean. patchouli, vanilla, and praline also lend themselves to this fruity, gourmand scent.
- Ralph Lauren Big Pony for Women -- Since there are four scents to describe here, I'll let you read about them in this post I wrote when they first launched.
- Gucci Premiere -- Gucci celebrates the star in every woman with Premiere. Bergamot, orange blossom, white flowers, musk, leather and wood combine to create the perfect seductive allusion required of the stunning modern woman.
- Coach Poppy Blossom -- A limited edition fragrance for 2012, Poppy Blossom combines the vivacious energy of Coach Poppy with the floral femininity of Coach Poppy Flower. It is made up of litchi, mara strawberry, mandarin, freesia, lily of the valley, rose, tuberose, gardenia, jasmine, praline, vanilla, blonde woods, and musk.
- Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy la Fleur -- Similar to Viva la Juicy, except more of a floral fragrance and without the gourmand caramel undertones of the original. Viva la Juicy la Fleur has honeysuckle, gardenia, waterlily, jasmine, vanilla, and red berries.
- Prada Candy -- A rich, gourmand fragrance, Candy has a musky caramel scent that also contains benzoin.
- Justin Bieber Girlfriend -- Girlfriend is Bieber's second perfume dedicated to his legions of female fans. It's flirty, personal, and inviting, combining mandarin, blackberry, pear, and strawberry with pink freesia, star jasmine, apricot, orange blossom, vanilla orchid, musk, and amber.
- BCBG Max Azria Bon Chic -- Meaning "good style" in French, Bon Chic is more sensual and sweeter than its 2011 predecessor. It contains black raspberry, mango, Asian pear, pink peony, violet, orange blossom, soft woods, vanilla, and cashmere musk.
- Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme -- Originally created and launched in 1994, designing team Dolce & Gabbana decided to "return to their roots" in 2012 and relaunch Pour Femme and its' male counterpart. Don't be fooled though, the fragrance and bottle have both been "retooled" a bit, since the famed designers have matured since the original release. The new Pour Femme contains neroli, raspberry, tangerine, jasmine, orange blossom, marshmallow, vanilla, sandalwood, and heliotrope.
- Taylor Swift Wonderstruck Enchanted -- The next chapter in Taylor Swift's fragrance story, Wonderstruck Enchanted is a bit more mature than the original. Combining wild berries, pink poppies, passion fruit, peony blossoms, sugar-glazed champaca petals, white freesia, white musk, vanilla, and blonde woods, Wonderstruck Enchanted is truly a blend of the oriental and gourmand.
- Lady Gaga Fame -- Again, I covered this fragrance when it originally came out. I'll let my original review do the talking for this one, since it is quite a complex fragrance.
And there you have it. Now, this is not a full list of all the new 2012 fragrances, I'd be here all year if I attempted that! But these are the ones I feel were most notable, or had the biggest release campaigns.
Tomorrow I'll be showing you the best selling classic men's fragrances! Stay tuned!