|Marissa Miller knows that hats can be so multi-functional!|
Hey everyone! Happy Saturday! Today is Day 5 of my How to Love Your Hair series, and we'll be talking about how to protect your hair from UV and Heat damage. Even though I know that excessive heat from styling can damage your tresses, I never thought about how your hair needs protection from the sun as well!
Here are some tips to keep your hair looking fabulous:
- Always use a thermal heat protectant spray before blow drying or using any hot styling tools on your hair.
- Styling tools with 24k gold will get hotter faster and hold heat better for quicker styling, but they will also be more damaging on your hair.
- Use styling tools with ions to help repair your hair.
- Wear hats to protect your hair from UVA/UVB exposure whenever you're going to be outside for long periods of time.
- You can also use a UVA-repelling serum to protect the health of color treated hair from the sun's damaging rays.
SOME PRODUCTS TO TRY...
Victoria's Secret So Sexy Color Protect & Revive UV Shield Spray is a serum that protects against UV rays which can dry out and damage hair while also fading hair color.
CHI 44 Iron Guard provides superior heat protection from the inside out.
Alterna Bamboo UV+ Color Protection Rehab Deep Hydration Masque leaves hair incredibly silky and shielded from UVA/UVB dry-out and protects colored hair from fading due to exposure.
AG Firewall Argan Flat Iron Spray provides a barrier between your hair and your flat iron, absorbing heat and preventing breakage.
- - - - - * - - - - -
Check back tomorrow! I'll be showing you some awesome braids!