Hey everyone! Today I have some fun tags for you! Both of these were given to me by the darling Taylor of Simply Beauty. Her blog is awesome, and focuses on both polish and beauty goodies! Many thanks go out to her for thinking of me.. especially twice! :)
First up, we have THE NAIL POLISH TAG... Pretty straight forward: Answer the questions, pass it on.
1. How many polishes do you own?
NOT including the ones that I've ordered and are on their way to me, 252. I just updated my spreadsheet the other day, actually. :)
2. What is your favorite nail polish brand?
Ooo.. This is so tough. Probably a 3 way tie between ChG/OPI/Zoya? I used to not like OPI because they don't play so well with acrylics, but I'm learning to love them now that I'm back to natural nails!
3. Do you like or hate crackle nail polish?
I liked it for a while, but now I'm really and truly over it. I'm keeping a bottle of black shatter just because it's the most versatile.. but I probably won't buy any more and I regret buying the other colors that I did.
4. What was your first nail polish brand?
Bonne Bell. It was a bubblegum pink creme polish that was bubblegum scented. It came in a round bottle with a silver cap, and my mom would paint my nails. Then I got a couple of Sally Hansens in the square-ish bottle with the flat back and rounded front. You know the ones I'm talking about? I think they were super old school Hard As Nails ones. I had a sheer silvery blue and a sheer shimmery charcoal. My first "expensive" polish was ChG Ruby Pumps. I revered that bottle for EVER and I still have it today!
5. If you created a nail polish line, what would you name it?
Probably Mandizzles or Poss Polishes. Maybe Posh Polishes..? Hmmm...
6. What nail polish color does not compliment you?
I don't like golds, pea greens, putty colors, or browns. I think that's more personal preference versus them actually not looking good against my skin, though.
7. Name two of your best nail art friends.
My best polish buddy of all is undoubtedly the fabulous Steph over at Imperfectly Painted. I absolutely adore her and can't go a day without talking to her or I start missing her like crazy. Outside of the blogging world.. my bff Catherine is probably my next choice. She puts up with my constant searches for polish every time we go shopping and doesn't judge me when I drag her to 5 different drugstores in one afternoon. :)
8. What was the best nail polish gift you've ever received?
When I opened a swap package from Steph and saw that she sent me a bottle of Nfu Oh 61 that had been my biggest lemming forEVER.. and I could never find it in stock on Fabulous Street... My heart literally stopped and I screamed and squealed with joy and just held it for probably a good 5 minutes. Second best: Revlon's Whimsical from Jacqui over at The Scholarly Nail. I've wanted GITA for a hot minute and that dupe is perfect.
9. Make a speech thanking the blogger that gave you this award.
As I said before, Taylor is super sweet and her blog is adorable! You should all pop over and say hi to her! ♥
Next up.. We have THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD... This one and I are old friends! The tag is to share seven things about yourself and pass it on.
1. I think I take the world's hottest baths and showers. The hotter the better! I need to have the bathroom completely steamed up and emerge from the water lobster red.. otherwise I'm the crankiest person you've ever met. Few things make me as miserable as a bath/shower that's not hot enough.
2. I think my least favorite part of blogging is having to photograph myself without makeup. I hate it and try to procrastinate it as much as possible, but it's a part of the job sometimes.
3. Chick-fil-A's new tortilla soup is legitimately my new favorite thing in life. And it's "for a limited time" which means two things: 1) I need to consume as much of it as humanly possible while it's available and 2) I will cry when they finally pull it from the menu.
4. This picture of Kermit the Frog Tebowing is the funniest thing I've seen all day:
5. Earl has been by my side constantly for the past 3-4 days. Like, literally: non-stop glued to my side every minute of the day, waking or sleeping... and this is unusual behavior from him. I'm kind of feeling like Paranoid Parrot: "PET WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE... IS ANIMAL OF DEATH. I'M GONNA DIE."
6. I recently ordered an Angry Birds knitted hat and I'm honestly more excited for that to arrive than I am my polish pretties that I'm anticipating. And that's saying something. Seriously, though.. You can't tell me this hat is not fantastic:
7. I love Olive Garden SO much. I could eat there every day and never get tired of it. I'd be fatter than a blimp from all the carbs, but I'd be soooooooo happy and it would be sooooooooo worth it. ♥
- - - - - * - - - - -
And now.. to pass the tags on!
These ladies never fail to amaze and inspire me. Please pay them a visit if you get the chance! Again, many thanks to Taylor for sharing these two tags with me. I always have so much fun doing them! Please remember to check her out as well. :)