Hey everyone! Right after I first started blogging, Hannah Michelle did a post showing her daily makeup and adding up the total of the products. I thought it was an amazing idea and I totally wanted to do it.. until I promptly forgot all about it. (That's the way life works, right?) Thankfully, Christina recently did her own version of the post and I was like "OMG, I totally forgot about this!" and I knew I wouldn't let myself forget about it this time!
Since I think this is such a fun concept, I'll probably revisit it several times with various looks to see how the price changes. Today's look is just an everyday, neutral look. Granted, my lip color and neutral eye palettes change on a daily basis, but I feel like the price would be comparable no matter which one I used.
Here are the products I used, along with their price:
|Products are listed from L-R|
- Palladio -- Herbal Eye Liner -- Pure Black -- $4.99
- NYX -- Jumbo Eye Pencil -- Cottage Cheese -- $4.99
- NYC -- Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder -- Naturally Beige -- $2.99
- Wet N Wild -- Color Icon 6 Pan -- Vanity -- $4.99
- Wet N Wild -- Color Icon Trio -- Walking on Eggshells -- $2.50
- e.l.f. -- Golden Bronzer -- $3.00
- VS Beauty Rush -- Lip Gloss -- Cupquake -- $7.00
- Maybelline -- Wet Shine Diamonds Lip Gloss -- Luminous Lilac -- Originally $5.00, now $11.99
- NYX -- Eye Shadow Single -- Iced Mocha -- $4.99
- e.l.f. -- Shimmering Facial Whip -- Spotlight -- $1.00
- Maybelline -- Coverstick Concealer -- Fair -- $5.99
- Cover Girl -- Aqua Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer -- Fair to Light -- $7.99
- Rimmel -- Lasting Finish Powder Blush -- Tickle Me Pink -- $3.99
- Hard Candy -- Sheer Envy Skin Perfecting Primer -- $8.99
- essence -- Lash Mania Ultra Volume Mascara -- Hypnotic Black -- $3.99
- Cover Girl -- Lash Blast Fusion Mascara -- Very Black -- $7.99
- Maybelline -- Great Lash Mascara -- Blackest Black -- $3.99
And the grand total is...
Not horrible, but I was expecting it to be somewhere in the $50-60 range. It's definitely interesting to see how quickly even inexpensive items add up... If you notice, nothing I used it over $9! Granted, there are definitely products that I could eliminate to cut costs, but where's the fun in that?!
- - - - - * - - - - -
I hope you had fun with this post, and if you decide to do your own version, let me know! I'd love to see your results!